WHAT DOES THE MARYLAND FAITH NETWORK DO?
Organizing and Aligning Resources in the Faith and Health Care Communities to Care for the Sick
The Maryland Faith Health Network is a free pilot project with LifeBridge Health based on the successful Congregational Health Network program from Memphis TN where hospitals and trained volunteers in faith communities work together to better serve ailing members.
Benefits of Joining the Network for Congregations
- Know right away when someone in the congregation is admitted to the hospital if your congregant consents to have you notified.
- Deploy existing ministry resources more efficiently.
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities and ongoing training to promote the health of the congregation.
- Access free health promotion resources to promote the health of your congregation.
Benefits of Joining the Network for Individuals
- With your permission, your faith leader will know right away when you need prayers and support.
- Your caregiver will have a community of support to help them as they help you
- Excellent coordination of care both in and out of the hospital
- A direct line for support if question or concerns arise after discharge from the hospital
Visit the MFHN website for more information.